This week I'm going to talk about different cultures with the kids. This one will be pretty loosely educational and mostly fun. I thought it would flow nicely after the maps, we can talk about where the different cultures are on the maps! The plan is going to be:
- Monday - a British tea party with just T while J is at school. He's pretty into pouring water, so we'll make a bunch of different "tea" he can pour for us. (we're quite busy Mondays with school and soccer. Plus I declared Mondays International Day of Laundry and that takes up most of the whole day!)
- Tuesday - Wanuskewin. The weather seems pretty nice, I'll have both kids. I haven't been since my Grade 5 class trip. It looks like it will just cost us $12.50. We may invite some of our friends along with this one. You can learn more on their website here. We'll go in the morning and then maybe be inspired to make some dream catchers or maybe just watch movies. I'll be honest, I thought about Pocahontas, but I'm pretty sure that movie is not really cool with the cultural sensitivity and stuff (obviously not how the real story of Pocahontas and John Smith goes!) but I don't know of any others at the moment.
- Wednesday - Another school day, so just me and T. So the activities will probably be minimal, probably print out some coloring pages since he's my little artist. I'm thinking Chinese dragons, Egyptian Pyramids, maybe make a rain stick, playing with our Russian stacking dolls, and the other souvenirs from Grandma and Grandpa and the places they've been.
- Thursday - It's T's birthday! So we'll have a Luau! Make Hawaiian pizza, leis, show pictures from when my husband and I were in Hawaii this winter, learn to limbo. Make fruit kabobs.
- Friday - Fiesta day! Tacos, DIY pinatas, house decorations. Double duty, getting ready for the birthday party on Saturday!
That's the plan at least! I'll update with pictures as we go!